In this episode, I connect with Shanondoah Nicholson about many subjects, mainly event planning and how you can embellish your event planning career. Shanondoah shares her story of how she came into the event industry and gives some suggestions and advice for aspiring event professionals.
- Shanondoan shares the most important part of where you are in your career.
- How a great team can help you see your ideas differently for the best perspective.
- Getting her CMP impacted Shanondoah’s career, learn how important she thinks that the designation is and how it can be helpful for your event planning career.
- How to rest and recharge during the off-season and how it is important for you to maintain your sense of well-being thus decreasing stress and overwhelm.
- The importance of letting your network know when you are in a season of higher stress can help you put a boundary around what is currently important.
- The importance of saying no, and saying yes respectfully.
- How doing the unexpected can light up the worlds of our customers.
- Shanondoah shares the reason for her starting her very own podcast. She also share how she loves to talk about corporate events and the impact they have made on her her event planning career.
- How keeping track of your commendations and accomplishments in your role can help you as you advance your event planning career.
- Also learn about Shanondoah’s go-to travel accessories, favorite self-help book, and what she loves to do in her free time.
Links and Resources