It is not our differences that divide us but our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. Join me as we discuss the importance of different perspectives.
- “It’s not our differences that divide us. It’s our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”
- We have to be open minded to be able to see a situation from another team member’s perspective.
- And in order to truly understand situations has a lot to do with you understanding and recognizing your team member’s experiences and who they are today as a result of that sum of experiences.
- You listen and when you truly are present, and have an open mind, and listen you can truly acknowledge and recognize their stories.
- When you recognize the story of another perspective can open up relationships in your life.
- Celebrating the differences that each other has, can only come through true understanding and acception.
- Be careful of being a leader that sets yourself up as the only authority. If you are then, you might want to do a reality check on yourself. Change your perspective, and listen to your team.
- Even in situations where there is a clear violation, a clear wrong, it is imortant to understand perspectives. It could uncover areas of opportunity in which you need to closely monitor the next time or set some clearer boundaries.
- The secret sauce to leadership is really learning to recognize and not wrestle, accept and not push back, and celebrate and not condemn.
Links and Resources
Thank You for Listening!
I hope this helped give you some insight on the importance of difference perspectives. I encourage you the next time you are working with a client, or a team member, to be open and listen and have that form your response to them.
P.S. It is so important to build a wonderful team, one that you will and can trust each other with your stories. To find out more on how to build a great team, check out this post. Cheers!