Do you need to refresh your marketing strategy? In this episode I welcome to the podcast, Tom Pick, a digital marketing consultant who helps B2B clients improve their online visibility, increase brand awareness, and generate leads through SEO, social media, and content marketing. He’s the editor of the Webbiquity b2b marketing blog and author of “The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing Software.”
Tom is committed to guiding his customers to have a bigger presence on social media. He loves the variety that comes with the challenges of solving problems for his clients.
- Marketing is all about helping people solve a problem that they have.
- If you want to be marketable, ensure that you are educating the market in which you want to serve.
- Put out content that is useful and relevant.
- Always have a strategy when it comes to your marketing approach. The first step of any strategy should be the question of “what do you want to accomplish on social media?”
- You should also ask yourself the questions:
- Who do you want to engage with?
- How do you want to go about getting their attention?
- Understand who is talking about your brand, and what topics are being discussed.
- Use caution when using automation, and ensure you are aware of what is happening in the world when your social is being released.
- Monitor conversations about what your interests are and engage with your audience in a timely manner.
- Tom’s Leadership Tip – Lead your team by encouraging and helping your team come with their own solutions instead of dominating their actions.
- Tom’s Balance Tips – His kids, and also going outside, hiking, and listening to podcasts.
- Tom’s Advice to Event Planners – It is important to maintain a fresh online presence and social activity even though we are in difficult times.
Links and Resources
Candide – Voltaire
The Logic of Life – Tim Hartford
Perfection of Marketing – James Connor
Tom Pick – Twitter
Website – Webbiquity.com or Tom Pick
Thank you for listening!
So happy that you stopped by to listen to this episode. Write your additional questions or thoughts on marketing in the comments below! Want to send a voicemail message instead – leave one here!
P.S. Looking for some additional ways to stay relevant in the event industry? Here’s an oldie, but a goodie.
Looking for other ways to enjoy this podcast? Listen on Spotify or Subscribe on Itunes!