Need some tips on having a virtual workplace? I’ve worked from home 100% of the time for many years, and I’ve learned a lot during this time. In this episode I’ll share with you 10 tips that I’ve learned for working in a virtual workplace.
Tips for the Best Virtual Workplace
- it is important for you to find a designated office space.
- Make sure that you have a strong Wifi connection.
- Ensure you have the equipment that you need (printer, shredder, etc).
- Have a stable phone connection – save yourself the embarrasement of dropped phone calls.
- Move around! Don’t sit down any longer than an hour. Get your body movin’.
- Protect your boundaries. Working from home, can blend into your home life – be careful.
- Meet your surrounding community. Your neighbors can be your best watercooler buddies.
- Take advantage of virtual meeting options and video to keep your teams engaged.
- Meet face-to-face with your team when you have the opportunity.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home!
Links and Resources
6 Virtual Team Statistics You Should Know
70% of the Workforce Is Virtual At Least Once A Week
Gallup Work From Home Statistics
Thank You for Listening!
I appreciate you for listening to this episode. Tell me, did this help you get your workplace organized for the New Year? What changes are you committed to making this year? Let me know in the comments below.
P.S. Not sure if working from home is for you? Check out this post to find the pros and cons of working virtually.