In this episode we discuss how to use Atomic Habits to achieve your goals. Recently in our book club, we discussed the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. It was an immensely transformational read that helped us understand not only what habits are, but how to craft good habits, and dismantle old ones. Enjoy the listen.
- A habit is a routine or behavior that is performed frequently.
- Every single habit can be broken down into four components:
- Four laws of behavior change can help you form good habits, those laws are:
- Make It obvious
- Make it attractive
- Make it easy
- Make it satisfying
- In order to break a bad habit, here are the four elements that you should be aware of:
- Make it invisible
- Make it Unattractive
- Make it difficult
- Make it unsatisfying
- If you really want to form a good habit in a very easy way, downscale your desirable habit into 2 minutes or less.
- Habit stacking can be pretty beneficial when you want to really make a big impact with all of those good habits that you are creating.
Links & Resources
Planners on Purpose Book Club
Thank you for listening!
I would love to hear how you are using Atomic Habits to reach your goals. What I love is that even the smallest change that you make from listening to this episode will change your trajectory. I encourage you to make even the smallest change, and let me know how it goes. If you would like to leave a message regarding this episode, please click on the message link below.
Send in a voice message by clicking here.
P.S. If you are looking for some quick and easy healthy habits to create for yourself, try these!
Looking for other ways to enjoy this podcast? Listen on Spotify or Subscribe on Itunes!