In this episode, you’ll be given 4 quick and simple tips on being intentional about diversity and inclusion. These tips you will be able to take to your personal life, your events, and your organizations. Diversity and inclusion isn’t a checkbox that you need to tick, it is a state of the heart to ensure that everyone is treated equally and fairly in your world of influence.
Diversity and Inclusion Tips
- Learning more, only helps advance your awareness of situations that have been neglected.
- Once you are aware, you are able to act and those actions help make our world a better place.
- Discover the 4 tips of Awareness:
- Accountability / Allyship
- Do not become desentized to the voices of diversity around you.
- Awareness means that you need to see what has happened. You need to see what caused the alarm, and you need to understand it from the perspective of those that rang that bell.
- Ask yourself key questions to further your understanding about any challenge.
- If you are made aware about a situation, it should never be in vain. Always make a plan to act to support the callings of diversity around you.
- Seek accountability from a team that is diverse so that you alwasy have a helpful hand with ensuring you are meeting the mark with diversity and inclusion.
- When it comes to the conversation around diversity and inclusion, seek understanding and conversation by asking these questions:
- Is what I’m saying making anyone wrong?
- Are we moving the conversation forward?
Links and Resources
Ericka Hinds – Every Level Leads
Book Club for Event Planners (Atomic Habits – Next book August 5th)
Convertkit – Nathan Barry
Thank you so much for listening to this episode!
Has this helped you make a plan for supporting diversity and inclusion in your life and at your organization? If so, please let me know how you plan on supporting this calling below. In this day and age, we need more people listening, learning, and acting accordingly to meet the the needs of the call. This will help our world become a better, equal, and just place for everyone.
P.S. If you want to hear more on diverse perspectives, check out this podcast episode on The Importance of Different Perspectives.
Looking for other ways to enjoy this podcast? Listen on Spotify or Subscribe on Itunes!