There’s been much discussion about when and if the events industry will return. In this episode we will explore these conversations will follow it up with some tips on how you can take care of yourself and others in the meantime!
Insights from this Episode
- We are very thankful that we are able to pivot to virtual. However, virtual events have proven even more so that face-to-face is important, and must come back.
- The events industry isn’t able to pivot like other industries. (ie. restaurant, shopping)
- We have to continue to try to reimagine events so that we keep evolving through this time.
- Our skills and talents can be of use in our community. Try to think outside of the box as to how you can help you local community during this time.
- Stay in contact with those in the events industry, to keep them up to speed on how your business is getting through this crisis.
- There might be those in our industry that unfortunately have to leave the industry or shift into other positions or roles to remain relevant.
- This is a time of creative renaissance. Bring ideas to the table, and help to trnasform our industry.
- Continue to care for each other and our event industry colleagues. Everyone no matter how important is trying to get through this too. Have a little bit more grace during this time.
Links and Resources
Our industry isn’t coming back like yours – Nicolas Rivero
Thank you for Listening!
I would love to hear how you are doing and overcoming this situation in the comments below.
P.S. One thing is true, we don’t need to be perfect in our solutions on understanding what happens next in our industry. Sometimes we can learn from our tendency from wanting to be perfect.
Looking for other ways to enjoy this podcast? Listen on Spotify or Subscribe on Itunes!