In this podcast I’ll share the importance on setting boundaries for yourself and your teams. This is a supplemental episode that can go along with our book club selection for the new year, Boundaries for Leaders by Henry Cloud. If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly recommend it. Dr. Cloud is the master of setting boundaries and really has a plethora of insight to share.
- Leaders should keep in tune with what is happening on their teams, as they are going through busy times.
- Make sure that your teams boundaries are upheld, so that they can bring your projects to the finish line.
- Some team members percieve and translate information in different ways. A leader should always seek to gain alignment, and understanding.
- If you don’t know the boundaries of your team, find out what they are so that you can help meet them with what they need.
- Communicate your goals and visions effectively.
- Empower your teams to be able to work at their best.
Links and Resources
Planitonapostit Book Club
Henry Cloud Website
Boudaries for Leaders
Cold Fusion – Making of the Iphone
Thank You for Listening!
Setting boundaries may seem so basic, however I see many people that go off their paths because of the lack of boundaries set. I would love to hear you setting boundaries has helped you, so connect with me in the comments!
P.S. If you want to read my full review of the Boundaries for Leaders book, check it out here.