In this episode I will give you 10 tips to Leading Yourself and Others to Greater Success as inspired by the book Spark by Angie Morgan, Courtney Lynch, and Sean Lynch. This book was one of our book club selections. We had a wonderful time discussing this book, and you can see the full discussion on the book club page.
- Sparks creeate the change that they want to see. Sparks do not wait or accept what is given to them.
- When you see a spark, you will see them as successful, mentoring others, creating opportunities, and serving others.
- Sparks understand conscious vs unconscious choices
- Doing the right thing is the foundation that trust is built on.
- Make sure you align your values to that of your career. You might find you have BIG choices to make.
- Sparks when connecting with other Sparks, create fire. They are hot!
- “Commanding creates compliance but also drives low performance because team members don’t feel valued or empowered. From there it’s a slippery slope to disengagement.”
- It is important to act with intent. Think about it, then do something about it.
- Be of Service. Serve First. Don’t let people ask you for support and assistance.
- Be cautious about who you let influence your powerful, important opinion of yourself
Links and Resources
Thank you for listening!
This book was filled with so many stories of leading others and really pressed that there are differences between a leader and a leader with Spark. I would love to hear your comments on this episode. To me, Sparks lead by example. Are you a Spark? Let me know!