Lindsay Anvik is a fourth generation entrepreneur and CEO of See Endless, Inc. She travels the world giving seminars on productivity, leadership, and marketing to everyone from Fortune 500 companies to major museums to mom and pop companies. She develops webinars and education series to help companies grow and develop happier and more motivated workforces. Her company, See Endless [http://www.SeeEndless.com], is focused around helping leaders and employees tap into their endless potential. Her business advice and strategies have led to coverage in The New York Times, Forbes, InStyle Magazine, Wall Street Journal, ABC news and more. She’s also been a featured contributor on MSNBC’s Your Business several times.
In this episode, I speak with Lindsay Anvik with See Endless. We had a wonderful discussion about putting ourselves first, how to gain creativity in the world of stress, ways to leverage speakers, and much more. Lindsay is passionate about events and you can tell that she is passionate about what she does as a business coach, keynote speaker, and workshop facilitator. Check out our chat!
Lindsay’s tips on work-life balance:
- Put yourself first. You are your best person and best leader if you do what you need to do first, in the morning and come into your day full and ready to serve.
- Don’t put too much pressure on everything. Have perspective, have patience, and understanding that things are not perfect.
- Use natural elements when holding meetings. Walk outside, take lunches outside of the office.
Lindsay’s tips on productivity:
- Put everything in your calendar. Even the smallest tasks should have a calendar spot and time associated with it.
- Try sweat-working. Doing a workout and meeting at the same time. Try it with clients!
- Use a white noise or timer app to keep you productive during the day.
Lindsay’s tips on leadership:
- Praise pubically and critique privately
- Encourage your team to get out of the office at least once a week!
- Always ask “How did this happen?” vs “Who did this?”
Links and Resources:
See Endless Website
Acuity Scheduling App
White Noise App
A big shot out to Lindsay for sharing with us her experience and giving us some tangible ways to get better as leaders. Thank you Lindsay!
P.S. Want to learn more about work-life balance? Check out these tips.