In this episode, I sit down with Kenny Totten, Co-Founder and COO of Allyfly. We discuss how group air can be made easier, insights into technology platforms, and how we can use AI to work for us in the long run.
- The internet is designed to disrupt all middle-men and agencies need to find ways to support themselves online.
- Kenny talks about how he and his business partner Eric took a risk in building a group travel tool in the midst of a pandemic and how they went from $0 to $1 million in revenue within the first year after.
- Allfly Quest is a product specifically for the event industry which partners with meeting planners, incentive houses, and event companies to be trusted airfare partners.
- Allfly Quest’s function is a booking platform in which groups can book flights easily and planners and companies get referral fees for booking their groups.
- Companies can save approximately 15% discount by booking through Allfly.
- We discussed differences with Allfly in comparison to other booking tools, and the benefits of working with Allfly.
- Allfly currently integrates with tools like Cvent and Swoogo, and has more integrations on the way to make it even easier to work with other platforms that event planners commonly use.
- Reports are looking much different with Allfly as reports that are provided are given in the form of graphs and charts so that event planners can see the pattern of travel with their groups.
- Discussed how the nature of white glove service is changing and how technology is providing the best options. Quick booking is better service, and where exactly “hands-on” support is integrated within a program matters more.
- You don’t have to sacrifice white glove service for speed.” – Kenny Totten
- “White glove service is about giving people the opportunity be serviced in a way that they want to be serviced.” – Kenny Totten
- Discussed the changes in technology and how fast they are occurring. Kenny suggests that it is important to know and learn about these technologies because they will shape our future.
- It is important with new technologies like Chat GPT that you review what’s given to you and put your professional eyes and understanding/filter on it.
- Talked about how AI tools such as ChatGPT can change our roles in society and how can we still show up and provide value.
- If you are looking for tips on how to grow and scale a business, Kenny talks about the struggles that Allfly had as they were rapidly growing and the characteristics of a driven team.
- “If you want to change something, you have to track it first.” – Kenny Totten
- How working out, doggie walks, and sleeping well, helped Kenny Totten in taking more healthy steps in his life.
Links and Resources