In this episode, I sit down with Marsha Acker, Founder & CEO of Team Catapult. Marsha shares her leadership tips and expertise with me as we dig through some event industry challenges. I hope you enjoy this episode.
- It doesn’t matter what strategies you have or the tools you buy. If you can’t come together for a conversation and create change, then these things won’t matter- it’s the relationship that we are able to build and the effective conversation that we have that makes the difference.
- Leadership is the art of engaging with others in a way that helps us all be the best version of ourselves – Marsha Acker
- Just because we lead differently, it doesn’t mean that we can’t be impactful in our own way.
- It is important as leaders for us to be clear on how we behave, how we lead, and what is our model for leadership.
- Do you make space in our companies to think and talk as a team? We are excellent at communication, but we may see things differently than others.
- Marsha talks about the key thing she does with her team to encourage relationship-building and open communication.
- Discussing your team’s individual values and then collective values can be a useful tool for leaders of thriving teams.
- Choosing not to maintain relationships in your business, can be detrimental for companies and teams.
- In change management, we can resist change that is happening, or we can consider what we might create from it.
- If you feel like you are efforting more than others, it may be time to do a self-check to see if you have to let go of the perspective that it has to be a specific way.
Links and Resources
Want more leadership tips? Check out this episode on how to lead high-performance teams.