Opposition is what happens when you start to move to completing your goals. This week’s podcast discusses three common areas of opposition and what you can do to overcome them.
Have you created a life plan yet? Well, creating a plan for where you want to go, only helps you as you journey to your destination. Consider listening to Episode 41 How to Create a Life Plan to Meet Your Goals to get started.
- Almost always when we set out to create our goals, opposition will be a factor.
- The key is becoming aware of the areas of opposition so that you can easily move through it.
- Imposter syndrome is a common opposition that everyone suffers from.
- Imposter syndrome is when you feel you aren’t worthy or enough to do this new thing you are looking to do.
- If you are dealing with imposter syndrome, the key thing is now you can create a new story for yourself instead of believing one that is made up.
- Comparing is another common opposition that most suffer from.
- Comparing is like imposter syndrome in that you look externally and use your perception against progress.
- The key with comparing to not let it get you into shame, but rather use your quest to gather inspiration from external examples, as inspiration only.
- The last common example is deflecting. This occurs when others share something positive about what they see about your change, but you humbly push their comments away.
- Deflecting can be conquered by a simple thank you. Let the positivity flow if you are making great traction on your goals.
- Finally be cautious of burnout when you are ramping up something new. There are ways to get traction in a healthy way versus it hurting you.
- If you feel you are in a burnout situation, consider registering for my free mini-course on preventing burnout created just for you.
Links and Resources
Thank you so much for listening to the Planners on Purpose Podcast.
Have you met any opposition when trying to meet your goals? Please share below.