Brittny Drye is the founder and editor of Love Inc., a wedding blog and digital publication centered on equality. She has been celebrated by the New York Times, The Advocate, Cosmopolitan and more. Brittny champions inclusivity and is an anchor for advocacy in the equality and inclusion space. In this episode, Brittny will unpack inclusivity and how you can be more inclusive for your clients.
- Being truly inclusive is a mindset. It’s the language you use, the imagery you show, and the relationships you have. Inclusivity means including everyone all the time.
- Inclusivity is about educating yourself so that you are equipped to do it in a more authentic manner.
- If you are looking to ensure that you are being inclusive, take a look at your marketing, your forms, and adjust them so that they are representative of what your authentically represents.
- As a planner, it is important not to assume a traditional wedding, and ask your couple what they are looking for in their wedding as couples nowadays are doing weddings how they want to do them.
- If you are in a position where you have made a mistake when it comes to inclusivity, apologize, and move on.
- Planners are the gatekeeper between their clients and the rest of the vendor team. You want to make sure you are doing your homework to ensure that the venue and vendors are inclusive and will be able to represent your client well for their event.
- If you are in a position where you have to speak up for your client, ensure that you have written documentation so that you have what you need to protect your client.
Links and Resources
Thank you so much for tuning into the podcast. Until next time, stay on purpose!